This privacy notice sets out how BuildEmpire uses and protects any information that you share with us when you use this website. BuildEmpire is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you decide to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. BuildEmpire may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/2018.
What We Collect
Our optional contact forms collect the following information:
- Email address
- Contact number – optional
- Message – optional
- Job title (PDF download form only) – optional
What We Do with The Information
If you choose to submit your contact details to us we will use them in the following ways:
- To respond to you via email or phone to discuss your enquiry. In this situation we are contacting you on the legal basis of legitimate interest – because you have expressed an interest in hearing from us.
- We will also use this information for our internal record keeping and to help us improve our services.
- We may also use your information to contact you to ask if you would like to take part in market research, you will then have the option of accepting or declining this offer. We may contact you by email or phone.
- If you tick the box to receive our additional information and blog posts and news, we will only send you what we believe will be useful to you. If you change your mind about hearing from us in this way you can unsubscribe at any point by either contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any automated email from us.
- If you have submitted your details in order to download a PDF from us (eBook, guide, document, brief), we may contact you to see if we can help with your project further. E.g if you have downloaded our eLearning Platform Brief Template, we might offer to quote for your project, based on your legitimate interest in sourcing the right LMS.
- We will only keep your information on record for a maximum of 5 years after we cease doing business with you or communicating with you. If you would like your information removed sooner from our systems, please get in touch with us on email@example.com.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. Our site uses the software Hubspot to place cookies. You can see a full list of the essential and non-essential cookies listed on their site here.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
1. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you are receiving automated emails which you no longer wish to receive you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of the email.
3. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
4. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. This information will be supplied free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: email@example.com
5. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the Human Rights Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. You also have the right to ask for a copy of all records we hold about you. Your request must be made in writing and you will need to give adequate information (for example full name, email address, etc). We will provide this information free of charge and are required to respond to you within one month. You will be required to provide identification before any information is released to you.
You will be asked to provide the following:
- The personal information you want to access.
- Where it is likely to be held.
- The date range of the information you wish to access.
You have the right to rectify your information; if you think anything in your record is inaccurate, please let us know. You have the right to restrict how we process your information and you can also request that we remove your information altogether.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please write to us at the BuildEmpire postal address or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the first instance, please talk to us directly so we can resolve any problem or query. You also have the right to contact the Information Commissions Office (ICO) if you have any questions about Data Protection. You can contact them using their helpline 0303 123 113 or at: www.ico.org.uk