For this project, the Learning Management System Totara was an excellent place to start. As a Totara partner, we could offer this as a solution to Apollo. But the team didn’t stop there. The platform needed to be customised to the max in order to meet Apollo’s needs, so we set to work building plugins for Totara to make the bespoke, feature-packed LMS Apollo dreamed of.
The LMS was built in php and utilising the totara framework and guidelines .
Some of the Totara plug-ins we built for Apollo included:
- Overarching themes which meant Apollo could deliver standardised branding across their eLearning
- New content templates, to give Apollo the freedom to structure their courses as they needed
- Messaging systems, so pupils and educators can correspond via the eLearning platform
- Engagement points system, so students and educators can track how well they are engaging with the course material
- The functionality to allow learners to interact with course material, e.g. add notes, ask question, save extracts…etc.
- A place for pupils to learn through collaboration
All learning activities were built bespoke for Apollo (including video activities, transcripts, audio learning… and more).
Overall, the ACE platform is a solution which was built to help Apollo solve their most critical learning challenges.
The platform caters for onboarding, professional skills training or initiatives such as developing an innovation culture. We are very proud of the end product, having stretched the platform in ways we had not first thought possible, in order to deliver an exceptional online learning experience quite different to the traditional platforms on offer.
The unique learning experience Apollo are now able to offer is engaging, interactive, and enables an educator to communicate with the student via the learning platform, giving personalised feedback and monitoring engagement and progress.
Since the launch of the project, Apollo have been able to successfully implement this solution into multiple bluechip organisations.